Monday 18 July 2016

Help me to help the people

No matter where we go, it always seems to happen. We discover people that need our help. I have always been willing to help in whatever way I can, with people in trouble or really poor. 

Sometimes yes in the past it was possible to donate money to those in need. Or to support someone through a schooling project. Now that I am sort of retired.. it is difficult to do that. When we live on that fixed income, giving money to anyone becomes almost impossible.

But I still want to do more and I am hoping you do as well. 

Spending five extended trips into Latin America, helping in every way I could changed me, yes changed me and for the better. I learned how to love without conditions.

Financially I could do that down there, because I was living in a poor country and living there was inexpensive for me.

Now being retired things have changed for me... and I sometimes find it difficult to make things meet for myself sometimes. But even though, I still have this desire to do more.

I have a background in professional theatre among other things. The professional word means that I was paid for what I did. Sometimes I was paid really well and at other times well it was a struggle. But back then being younger that never seemed to matter, that struggle I mean because I was doing something because I loved doing that. 

Now I would really love to use what I know from live theatre, as well as my sales and marketing experience to generate cash to help people. I actually think that this is all very possible. But to start anything off you always need some start up funds as well. It was suggested to me why don't I look into crowdfunding... 

So yes I am exploring that option now. 

For the past two years I have been working on a fictional book. It is almost complete and I actually believe it will sell, coming from the feedback I have been getting.

My blog Heartquest Guatemala is being turned into a how to book. A sort of friendly advice on how to get to and travel in Guatemala safely.

Then I have a theatre project brewing in my mind as well.

Projects, projects, projects.. all needing an audience.. 
Ahh yes...

So my biggest project will be how to stimulate interest in my creative projects... Social media of course that along with direct marketing to select audiences..possible in the trade show, event, country fair, shopping market venues.

Want to make a difference... 

Help Me To Help The People..









No comments:

Post a Comment